Saratoga Springs City Center Food Guidelines for Exhibitors
The City Center has been pleased and fortunate to host a wide variety of interesting events over the course of our history. In an ongoing effort to assist show planners in selling space and coordinating these events, we have put together a list of guidelines for your food/beverage vendors.
All fire, safety and health regulations must be followed and the City Center reserves the right to restrict unsafe practices. A 5-pound fire extinguisher is required for each warming unit.
Food and beverage items sold for consumption on premises are strictly prohibited.
The following is not permitted:
- Distribution of beverages in bottles/cans of any size
- Sale of non-commercially bagged/packaged food
- Cotton Candy, Sno-Cone or Popcorn machines
- Open flames
- Fryers or electric fry pans
- LP tanks, Grills or Charcoal cooking
The following is permitted:
- Sale of packaged product (commercially vended) – i.e. Jars of mustard, salad dressing, dessert topping
- Distribution of pre-bagged/packaged candy, popcorn, chips, cookies, nuts etc.
- Electric crockpots, slow cookers, warming units –such as chafing dishes
- Sample tastings of the packaged product must be bite sized
- Sample beverage tastings may be no more than 2oz.
Tastings and/or sale of alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited without prior City Center approval, proper insurance (liquor liability), and NYS Liquor Authority Permit.
The vendor/show management are responsible for:
- Disposing of all garbage
- Appropriate recycling
- Enforcement of all City Center and State Health Permit requirements
- Appropriate NYS Sales Tax AuthorizaƟon when selling taxable product in the City Center